Ever since I shared my experiences with fake pee, I have been inundated with emails from people who want to know more about the best detox drinks for drug test. I only briefly spoke about it in my last blog entry. But if that’s what you guys wanna know more about, then here goes.
Of all the times that I have taken pre-employment drug tests, I have been fortunate enough to have encountered only a few companies that were very anal about the rules. These were the guys who’d make me pull down my undies and watch over me while I’d hold my pecker and pee.
And these were the times when I had to really ensure that I got my detox drink right because it left no scope for experiment with fake pee or the whizzinator. Well, it’s not as difficult as it seems if you know what brand of detox drink works best.
The moment I’d come to know about the lab being a stickler for supervision, I’d start trying out various brands. Being an everyday smoker, there is no dearth of THC in my blood for running tests. That I can tell you.
Also, being an admin on some drug tests user forums and chat groups has given me a bird’s eye view of all the garbage being sold out there in brightly packaged bottles. Oh, you’d be amazed at how fake some of these products are. But before we get to that, let me explain what a lot of people don’t seem to understand even now.
How to pass a drug test in a day?
There are two types of detox drinks for drug test that are available in the market.
- The first type of detox drinks are diuretics and they force your kidney to flush out the toxins in your system, when taken a few days before the test. The caveat is that it is not foolproof. There is every possibility that a metabolite will sneak its way into your bladder just before the test and you may end up being busted. Also, some cleansers dilute the urine to the extent that it can easily be detected. As a workaround, a lot of companies have now started to add creatine and B vitamins to their formula which retains the natural color, odor and texture of urine.
- The other variety of detox drinks for drug test works by stopping the metabolism of fat cells that are passed in the urine for up to 5 hours. This masks the toxins rather than removing them and are normally used when you have to take the test at really short notice. It gives you a three to four hour window during which you must give the sample because, your body function will return to normal after that and the metabolites will start to appear in the urine. So if you ask me how to pass a drug test in a day I would say THC detox drinks and synthetic urine are the best and cheapest options.
I have tried both kind of detox drinks. Some times when I had to appear for an actual test and at other times, when I just wanted to know if a particular brand worked. Some pothead on the forum had a job interview coming up at Walmart and had no clue what to do to clear a 5-panel urine test. So, I’d get one of these brands, gulp it down and run a home drug test and chip in with the results. Here’s what I found.
Stinger Detox: Not recommended
I wouldn’t go to label Stinger as a scam. But its plain ineffective. And when it comes to employment, you’d only want to go with the best. I tried Stinger when I had 10 days to go for the lab test. Didn’t use for two days, gulped the whole flavored bottle down (tastes like piss) and then refilled it exactly four times, not more than that, with water. That should have kept me clean for the next couple of hours. Guess what? My humble home drug detection kit showed positive. When I contacted the guys at Stinger, they gave me some bull about how I’d messed up the instructions. Hah!
Magnum detox: Not recommended
At least these guys got the name right. Magnum sounds a helluva lot more potent than Stinger. But that’s about where it ends. This is one of those ‘one-hour detox drinks for weed’ that claim to save your ass on short notice. Guess what? Doesn’t work. They add a ton of Vitamin B12 to the solution to ensure that your piss doesn’t look watered. But what good is it if it tests positive even before you cap the bottle?
Ultra-mask: Not recommended
The only thing that this masks is your fear by giving you a fake sense of security that you are going to clear the test. You will be busted before you come out of that toilet. It was only last week that my buddy Sean tried this for a drug test for his new job at McDonalds. When McDonalds starts to screen employees, you know that things are going from bad to worse. Anyway, he gulped Ultra Mask, refilled with water, and gulped that too. Pissed a couple of times, went for the test. Flunked miserably, lost the job, lesson learnt.
Qcarbo 32: Not recommended
I personally wouldn’t recommend Qcarbo 32 detox drink for drug tests because it sometimes work, sometimes not. Not a reliable brand. We have tried it 6 times and failed 3 times. Two of those, were real pre-employment tests and one were home drug tests. Having said that, I must mention that I keep hearing on and off that Q Carbo helped someone clear a drug test. Maybe it’s because they don’t smoke as much as I do. For someone who’s been using the choicest Kush off a bong for 7 days on the trot, there are much better options out there.
The Detox drinks FAQ
Sometime, I feel that more than half of the detox drinks for drug test industry is like snake oil. Nauseating claims, schmancy advertising and fake testimonials have given the products a mythical status among weed users. The seasoned guys however, would tell you how to spot a fake a mile away. If this is your first experience with marijuana detox drinks and you are as confused as a cow on AstroTurf about how to pass a drug test in a day, then here’s a small FAQ to help debunk some myths and clear some information.
- Where can you buy detox drinks? Chances are that you’ll spot them everywhere from your drugstore to the supermarket aisle clamoring for your attention. Attractive, colored liquids, fancy packaging, claims of being loaded with vitamins and clearing your system in less than an hour. But never ever buy them from the supermarket or on eBay or on Amazon. There’s tons of fakes and counterfeits that even the manufacturers wouldn’t be able to spot. Always buy from the official manufacturer’s website to be safe.
- How to pass a drug test in day? That depends on whether it is a supervised or unsupervised drug test. If it’s unsupervised, go with synthetic urine. Nothing works better than that. For supervised tests, detox drinks or detox pills for drug test are the way to go, but you need to use only those that give you a foolproof chance of beating the test. You can read my recommendations further ahead in the blog post on how to pass a urine drug test.
- Do detox drinks work? Yes they do. As I mentioned in my previous blog entry, both me and my friends have had to use detox drinks for passing a drug test when we were strapped for time and had no other alternative due to a supervisor standing over watching us pee. There’s only a couple of brands that have worked for us though. But the term ‘Detox drink’ is in reality a misnomer because it only masks the toxins for a short period of time. It does not clear your system completely. If you are looking to completely clear the THC from your system, then you need a real detox solution, like THC detox pills.
- Best detox for THC? Almost any experienced Marijuana user will tell you that the only way to completely detox your system for passing a drug test, is to use the substitution and dilution method or go with detox pills for drug test. Unfortunately, for the noob, it may seem a tad overwhelming. That’s where a complete detox program like Toxin Rid works. It uses the exact detox methodology used by experts to flush out the drug metabolites from your system using a combination of dietary fiber, a masking solution to prevent urine dilution and a blend of minerals and compounds that ensure that your urine doesn’t look like the system is cleansed. You can read my review further ahead.
Detox drinks for drug test that have worked for me
A month ago, I learnt that I had to appear for a pre-emp drug screening in 8 hours and to my shock, discovered ran out of my favorite synthetic urine, sub-solution. Desperate for options, I tried one of the detox drink brands that had worked for my friends a couple of times, Mega Clean.
Mega Clean detox drink: Mega Clean is a specialized detox (masking) solution that is designed for heavyset adults who weight more than 230 lbs and smoke every day. I fit the description just fine. On the day before you want to be toxin free, take the 6 precleanse pills one an hour with six 16-ounce glasses of water. Then usage is pretty standard. You drink the entire bottle at least 2 hours before the scheduled test, refill the bottle with water and drink that too.
Almost immediately, I started to piss like a racehorse. I was expecting to pee more than normal, but this was stronger than what I’d expected. After peeing a couple of times, I went straight to the lab, gave my urine sample. It was not even 40 hours since I had smoked my last joint.
A couple of days later, I get a call from the lab saying that I have passed the urine drug test. How about that. I have restocked my supply of Sub Solution. But now, I also have a reliable back up in Mega Clean.
I will also tell you my reason why I think it is one of the most effective marijuana detox drink. It contains dietary fiber that helps to eliminate the binding toxins from the intestinal tract. None of the other detox solutions contain fiber. Most of them are glorified and flavored diuretics. Not Mega Clean. You can read my full review of Mega Clean here.
It ensures that your urine does not look or feel like the body has recently been cleansed. Eliminates most of the toxins from your bladder and holds the rest, giving you a clean window period for the test.
XXtra Clean: While Mega Clean is for people with a higher body mass who have a higher toxin level in their body (read every day smokers), the same company Detoxify also has another detox drink for drug test called XXtra Clean which is for people who have a lower toxin level. In simpler terms, it is for casual smokers who also have a lighter body mass.
XXtra Clean has a very similar formula to Mega Clean. There are a few subtle differences, one of them being the Ginseng, which keeps you energized and primed all day even when your body undergoes the detox. You won’t feel low or tired while using XXtra Clean for sure.
Rescue Cleanse 32oz Extra Strength: I don’t usually switch brands easily. Let’s say I am sucker for products that work. But Joey, my buddy who smokes like a chimney wouldn’t stop bragging about Rescue Cleanse and how it helped him clear a 5-panel urine test, on two different occasions. Now, Joey is a guy who doesn’t kid around. So, I trusted him on his word. But he was hell bound on me trying it out myself.
And since the company has a Buy 3, get 1 free offer, he gave me the free bottle to try out. So, after smoking my weekender, which is a heavier than normal dose by the way, I gave Rescue Cleanse a chance. Followed the instructions to the T, mind you. Fasted for four hours, drank the whole bottle (tastes good for a change), refilled it and drank it again. After 1 hour, I was supposedly in the ‘Clear Zone’. I waited for one hour more and then did a home drug test. Guess what? This shit works! Now, I have two backup detox solutions.
If you are ever stuck with a supervised drug test and detox is the only option, you’d want to go with one of these two.
The other way to pass a supervised drug test
There are times when you know that you are up for a pre-employment drug test a week or ten days later. That leaves you with enough time to run an actual detox and remove THC completely from your system rather than risking it with a masking solution like the ones that we spoke about.
That’s when you can use detox pills for drug test.
Understanding Detox Pills For Drug Test
Detox pills are a very effective and potent method to remove THC or any other drugs completely from your system in a safe and legal way. These pills will remove all traces of Marijuana from your urine, saliva and hair. This is not masking mind you, this is 100% real detox. Your body will flush out the toxins during the detox period which can range from 7 days to 10 days.
If detox pills are indeed so effective, then why do people use masks in the first place?
That’s because, they don’t find enough time for a full-fledged detox. In most cases, people come to know a day or two before the scheduled test that it’s a supervised one where someone’s going to watch them pee. This leaves no other choice but to use a masking solution.
Also, detox pills are more expensive than instant cleansers.
The perks however are that you can use them to remove traces of almost any synthetic or natural opioid drug including cocaine or meth or a blood or nicotine test.
I have used detox pills for drug test twice. Once when a drug test was scheduled 12 days later and the other when it was a week away.
In both the cases, I used Toxin Rid, who have different programs that can be chosen depending on the level of toxins in the body (the amount of marijuana that you have smoked prior to the test). The 10 day detox program is ideal for every day smokers like me whereas the five day one is perfect if you are a casual smoker who smokes twice a week.
Both programs with Toxin rid include a pre-rid tablets, dietary fiber and liquid detox which must be taken for the detox time period. It is crucial that you abstain yourself from smoking during this time though. Toxin Rid comes with a 100% money back guarantee that it will remove all traces of the drug from your blood, saliva, hair and urine. So, you cannot go wrong with it. Once again, these pills often called “ THC detox pills” or “detox pills for weed”, but Toxin Rid works for all drugs: Weed,cocaine,amphetamines,opiates,ecstasy,speed. You can read my full review here.
If you search for marijuana detox pills, you may come across another pill called ‘Ultra THC total herbal cleanse’. That’s not recommended by the way. It was tried by two sub-moderators on one of the forums where I am a mod and both of them failed the drug test.